My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Unbelievable. A documentary looking into the life of the Travelers. It devastates me for the girls. I watch every chance I get, fascinated and sad.
Toddlers and Tiaras. Eden vs. Mackenzie. Finally got to see. Think Mackenzie go robbed even though she’s atrocious acting. Love this show. Fascinated and horrified. Surprised at how many of the moms and kids are actually likable! I had students involved in child pageants a few years ago, and the show is exactly what they described.
Battlestar Galactica. Who are the final five? Are they ALL Cylons? Love this show. Love it. Want to watch daily. Need to know the truth!
Buffy. Always. When there’s nothing on, and I don’t have something to do, I can always tune in to Buffy.
That’s it so far. I’m sure something new will take the place of BSG, but I haven’t decided what yet.
What worries me: I’m spending so much time on twitter, facebook and Netflix, I’m not reading as much. Might need to put a time limit on my TV and social media.
1. She’s tough, and she’s unapologetic about that toughness.
2. She’s a girl, and she’s unapologetic about that, too.
3. She says the best stuff. Kudos to the writers for that one.
4. She’s saving the world. Good vs. Evil, and if the wrong team wins, humanity ceases to exist.
5. Angel and Spike. No explanation needed.
6. It’s impossible for it to be true, but I forget that the whole time I’m watching.
7. She has best friends, and they are awesome.
8. Vampires. Even though I’m kind of tired of vampires everywhere else, I still love them on Buffy. And Dark Shadows, but that’s a different post.
9. Romance. 🙂
10. Buffy wants to be a normal girl, but she understands that’s impossible. She embraces her slayer self even as she wars with it.
This is the tip of the iceberg. There are the ties to the goddess, mythology, strong character stories, dialogue, lack of cheerleading ability, crazy fellow slayers, dopplegangers, fake Buffy’s, secret sisters. It’s everything that is good about teen targeted TV, and I love it.
Glad I got to spend two hours with two of my favorite episodes last night: Becoming Part 1 and 2. So good!!!!