I have the Mrs. Lee’s 10 Rules for a successful life in my classroom. None of them are original. All of them are sort of mini-mottos for me.
Mrs. Lee’s Rules for Life Success
10. Remember, everyone is just as busy as you are.
9. You can’t fix a blank page.
8. Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
7. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
6. If you’re not having a good time, look at yourself first.
5. Do or do not, there is no try.
4. Don’t Freak Out!
3. If you think you’ll have time to do it later, you’re wrong. Do it Now!
2. Event + Reaction = Outcome ALWAYS!
1. If you commit to something, follow through, so be careful not to over-commit.
My other motto is something I like to teach about at church. It’s easy really, and I stole it from Frances Chan, who “stole” it from the bible: You Can’t Be Good Enough. Jesus died on the cross for us. He was broken for us. There is nothing we can DO to make up for that ultimate sacrifice. We must Be instead. If you ever get a chance watch Frances Chan’s series Is Jesus Really Enough on youtube. It is beyond amazing and not “preachy”.