Shelley Bradley tagged me with this. Here goes.
7 random things about me
1. (Totally stealing Shelley’s idea here) I met my husband in college speech class. We had to introduce each other to the class in our first speeches.
2. I love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches
3. I took four years of French in college to avoid one semester of College Algebra.
4. I couldn’t read until half way through first grade, so I was in the slow group.
5. The first big book I read was Little Women. I still have my copy of the book.
6. My grandma taught me to snap peas and my grandpa taught me to plant a garden in Milburn, OK when we stayed with them one summer when I was little. That same summer my grandpa taught my brother to swim by dumping him in the Blue River and saying, “sink or swim, Billy.”
7. I LOVE cats, but I don’t really like dogs.
I’m going to steal Jill Monroe’s idea and say if you haven’t done this meme or want to do it again, let me know and I’ll visit your blog to see your 7 random things. 🙂
In other news, I read Suzanne McMinn’s A Hero’s Redemption the last couple of days and it’s WONDERFUL. I think I like it better than the last Haven book, and I loved it. I have no idea how this one slipped to the bottom of my TBR, but boy am I glad I found it. McMinn combines an awesome paranormal plot with an edge of the seat suspense and suitably hot romance. By suitably hot I mean this heroine is scarred and the tension is there for a long time before it becomes something more, and that wait makes the romance perfect. It’s another McMinn I highly recommend!
Coolest thing about the book had nothing to do with the actual story but makes me HOPE fate has good things in store for one of my requested fulls out right now. 🙂 The heroine’s name is a variation of my heroine’s name, and the hero’s fake last name is my hero’s first name. Maybe Suzanne and I had a psychic connection. 🙂 I do love her books AND she introduced me to blogging AND she’s given TONS of free, sound writing advice and encouragement to who knows how many authors, pubbed and unpubbed. AND she lives in West Virginia and the town I live in is close to another that now has reported sightings of UFOs and that sounds like something that might happen in West Virginia based on what she writes in her blog. 🙂 I’d take the psychic connection or the fate thing. Either way makes me happy.