So far we have ONE contemporary series entry, TWO hot and Steamy. The final judges are great. It’s quite an opportunity if you’re eligible.
RRRW announces the Ticket to Write Contest. Snail Mail and E-Entry available. FMI: http://www.redriverromancewriters.com
Deadline: July 7
Published authors/PRO members/ experienced contest judges will critique the first round of judging. Final round judges are:
- Historical: Hilary Sares, Kensington
- Contemporary: Susan Litman, Harlequin
- Hot & Steamy: Kate Duffy, Kensington
- Inspirational: Patience Smith, Steeple Hill
- Time Travel, Futuristic, and Paranormal: Chris Keeslar, Dorchester Publishing
Authors unpublished and uncontracted at time of entry, and those previously published authors who have not sold for the past five years either in print or electronic formats. For the purpose of the Ticket to Write Contest, Red River Romance Writers uses the Golden Heart definition of unpublished.
- Historical- novels settings are prior to WWI with a strong romantic element.
- Contemporary Series- novels settings are from WWI to present. Romance is the basis for the story and sensuality may or may not be present. Word count to 80,000.
- Hot & Steamy- contemporary or historical setting, romance is the basis, and sensuality is strong.
- Inspirational- romance novels in which an inspirational message of personal religious faith is conveyed as a major element of the plot. This includes contemporary and historical.
- Time Travel, Futuristic, Fantasy, and Paranormal- Romantic novels with any time setting and containing elements such as fantasy, time-travel, angels or other mystical/paranormal themes.
- Postmarked date: July 7, 2007
- Finalists notified: September 1, 2007
- Winners announced: by October 15, 2007